Saturday, October 17, 2009

Real life

The other day I was reading Anna Petterson's (one of the main characters of Marc Ellerby's comic Ellerbisms) comments about how weird it is to be parf of an autbiographical comic and have so much of your life shared with people you don't know, and I realized it's also kind of weird for us, readers, to see characters we are so used to, and whose life we know so much of, as real-life people.

I always find it strange and amusing to see a real photograph or video of somebody I know so well in the cartoon form... I guess that in my head, I almost expect them to be animated. Here's some of my favourite comic people, and the corresponding flesh-and-blood versions of themselves in all their glory.

James Kochalka - The American Elf

Adam Cadwell - The Everyday
 
Natasha Allegri - Normal life
 
 
Emi Lenox - Emitown

Marc Ellerby - Ellerbisms

Jacob Borshard - Creebobby

Lucy Knisley - ArtJournal